Sunday, November 05, 2006

Halloween, a Time for Kids to be Kids

With all the classes, doctor's appointments and therapists visits, raising a disabled child sometimes doesn't even resemble what a typical kids childhood would be like. Thankfully there are days when no matter what their circumstances, a kid can just be a kid. Take last Wednesday for instance. My daughter was just like any other kid out there dressing up and coming the neighborhood for candy. I'm sure glad for days like those. They serve as a reminder to us all that no matter what issues may face our families there should always be time for pure child-like joys.

My daughter dressed up like a fairy princess this year. Complete with a pair of pink light-up wings, a crown of stars and a magic wand. And speaking of joy, after visiting a few of the neighbors for treats, my daughter dove into the M&Ms she collected. I think she downed two whole bags before we made her get ready for bed. Now that's what I call pure child-like joy!

No comments: