Monday, August 15, 2005

Some Time Away

I mentioned last post that I've been home taking care of my daughter while my wife was out of town. I actually had a pretty good time spending some entire days with my little one. That's not something my work schedule usually allows.

On Saturday, my wife returned, and although she was tired from her trip, I could tell that she felt rested from her regular duties as parent and care giver. She even said she missed my daughter and I both while she was away!

So since I've been collecting a list of various things that help me keep my sanity during child rearing, I'm going to add "Time Away". Much like exercising, getting away for a bit of time without the one you're caring for helps to rejuvenate the tired mind and body.

It's a good thing too, because now that she's back, my wife's got appointments with the speech therapist, the occupational therapist, and a day of classes all for my daughter over the next few days. I'll take her out for our anniversary this weekend to give her another chance at some time away. But this time both of us will have a chance to recharge. I'm sure grateful for grandmas who are willing to take care of the grandchildren for a night, even if it's just once a year!

No comments: