I've been away a bit just enjoying springtime with the family, but I got an interesting email from a reader a couple of weeks back. Her name is Heather Von St. James and she's a cancer survivor. Her story is one I wanted to share, especially because the cause of her cancer is 100% preventable. You see, Heather was diagnosed with mesothelioma; a rare and deadly cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. She's made it part of her life's mission to spread the word about the dangers of asbestos and the fact that it can be found in all kinds of products and locations around the US. Thirty million pounds of it are still being used each year in new products the US. I had no idea that was the case. Did you? It's the number one cause of occupational cancer in the US and we can help stop it.
Please take a moment and read more about Heather's journey and how we can all help by visiting http://www.mesothelioma.com/heather/awareness/ And thanks for taking the time!