Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 1 of the Potty Training Adventure: Lots of Laundry

Due to the holiday on Monday and Whitney being out sick with a runny nose on Tuesday, yesterday was the first day of the grand potty training experiment at school. Her teachers asked Melanie and I to put Whitney in a diaper on the bus and to pack plenty of clean underwear and pants. Always the conscientious parent, Melanie packed Whit's bag with 6 pairs of jeans and 21 pairs of panties featuring Disney Princesses, Dora the Explorer, Elmo etc.

Good thing she did, too. Whit's teachers put her in underwear when she arrived at school and put her on the potty every half hour all day. Trouble was, each time, Whitney's underwear was wet and she never actually went on the potty. Not once. Melanie continued working with Whit when she got home from school and had about the same results. I think I actually sighed relief when I put Whit in a diaper for bed time. Then it was off to wash the load of underwear and pants we'd used throughout the day.

I have faith things will get better. I just hope it doesn't take too long. I'll report back with progress soon. If not, maybe I'll write a book about how not to potty train your seven-year-old. Wonder how it would sell...

No comments: